- Sitecore How To: Track Exteral links with DMS
- Step 1: Save outgoing click to the DMS Analytics database
- Step 2-1: Track all external links with a custom processor
- Step 3: Create the outgoing link report
In this How To I’ll show you how to extend Sitecore to track outgoing links trough the Sitecore Digital Marketing System (DMS).
First of we start with creating a sublayout that saves the outgoing link clicks to the Analytics database. Next step is creating a solution for tracking the outgoing link. There are multiple solutions of tracking external links but in this series we are creating the following two solutions; one that tracks all outgoing links automatically (step 2.1) and the other solution where it´s possible to enable tracking for-each outgoing link (step 2.2)And off-course we finish with report that will show you the most clicked outgoing links.
This how to is part of the series: How to track External Links with Sitecore DMS and contains the following steps:
- Step 1: Save outgoing click to the DMS analytics database (status: finished, published)
- Step 2: Two solutions for outgoing link tracking
- Step 2.1: Measure alloutgoing links with a custom processor (status: finished, published)
- Step 2.2: Measure specific outgoing links by creating a custom external link fieldtype
- Step 2.2.1: Creating the custom external link fieldtype (status: review, publishdate: 17/05/2012)
- Step 2.2.2: Creating pageeditor support for the custom external link fieldtype (status: coding)
- Step 2.2.2: Tracking the external links that need to be tracked (status: on hold)
- Step 3: Creating the outgoing link report (status: finished, published)
And off-course all publishdates are subjected to changes ;=)
Feel free to ask your questions in the comment form below.